- 1 Whole chicken with skin and no cuts.
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 4 tbs. Butter or oil
- 1 tbs White vinegar
- 3 lemons,Juiced.
For the Rub (optional)
This mixture is to be rubbed or brushed on chicken using silicone brush or a spatula. This gives chicken the beautiful red and brown color and adds more flavor. If you prefer it to be less spicy then you can skip this altogether.
- 1 tbs Oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoonRed chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin and coriander (Roasted and grinded mixture )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the above ingredients in a small bowl, keep it aside.
- Wash chicken thoroughly, make sure to wash the insides. Pat it dry with a kitchen paper towel.
- Mix butter or oil, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice in a bowl.
- Rub this marinade on the chicken, rub it with hands on the chicken,completely and pour the left over marinade in the cavity.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours.
- After the marination take the chicken out, and set the oven to preheat at 450 degrees.
- Once the oven reaches 450 degrees, place the chicken on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes, after that take it out brush the rub on it and bring the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake it again for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, take the chicken out and place a heated charcoal in the cavity, add drop a few drops of oil directly on it,if you want that distinct Bar b Que smell.
- !!Serve hot with nan and raita!!