This beautiful bread you see here requires only 4 ingredients , that’s right! just four. The Glaze is optional, you can totally skip it and you won’t even miss it. Especially if you don’t have sweet tooth. I used glaze because you know I do like to take pictures and make things look pretty. Glaze does make it look pretty.
The bananas should be ripe, choose the ones with the peel that is around 60 percent brown. Once nature took care of that for me when we left the bunch of bananas in the trunk of our car overnight during a snow storm. Next day we got black frozen bananas, which were all mushy when thawed. You of course should not wait for a snow storm, just get these 4 ingredients and get baking because this one here is a sure winner.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and prepare a large or two small loaf pans.
- Smash bananas in a large bowl, then add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter in Loaf pan.
- Bake at for 35-40 minutes – you might need to bake longer if using 1 loaf pan.
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water or milk
- Combine powdered sugar and water or milk.
- Whisk until smooth. If you want the glaze to be thicker add more powdered sugar, if you want it thinner, add more water 1/2 teaspoon at a time.