This beautiful bread you see here requires very basic ingredients that you are sure you find readily available. Add your favorite nuts and chocolate chips to give it a hearty flavor or just bake it plain.
The Glaze is optional too, so you can totally skip it and you won’t even miss it. Especially if you don’t have sweet tooth. I used glaze because you know I do like to take pictures and make things look pretty. The glaze does make it look pretty.
The bananas should be ripe, choose the ones with the peel that is around 60 percent brown. Once I left the bunch of bananas in the trunk of our car overnight during a snowstorm. Next day we got black frozen bananas, which were all mushy when thawed. You, of course, should not wait for a snowstorm, if you have the ingredients then you should bake this bread. It tastes so good, especially during fall and winter with Chai, you won’t regret.
This bread tastes so good especially during fall and winter with Chai.
Banana Nut Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 stick (1/2cup or 8 tablespoons butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chocolate chips, and Almonds. ( Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 X 9 or a loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Mash bananas, add milk and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add banana mixture to creamed butter, stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to the banana mixture, and mix until all the ingredients are mixed well, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Drizzle the chocolate chips, walnuts, sliced almond on the top.
- Bake 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes before taking out from the pan, and then leave it on the cooling rack and cool completely.
For the Glaze: add 1/2 cup of sugar in 2 tablespoons of water and drizzle it on the bread.
Slice it!..with a sharp, preferably bread knife when the bread has cooled completely.